|This article needs an update. You can help the Civ 6 Wiki by or .|
This article needs an update. You can help the Civ 6 Wiki by .
A list of known Easter Eggs in Civilization VI.
Firaxis References[edit | edit source]
- On the Broadway Wonder's billboards you can see a few of the Sectoids from Xcom another title from Firaxis Games (See image below). Holding the Alt key while dragging the screen will let you rotate the camera and get a few more views.
- Frederick Barbarossa's (Germany's Leader) brooch is emboldened with the Firaxis Games' Logo (See image below).
- If you leave the map over a Holy Site you can hear bits of the musical track "Terra Novum", the theme from Civilization V Brave New World.
Popular Culture References[edit | edit source]
- The Pizza Party! Achievement is a big shoutout to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (See image below). Good luck trying to unlock it though.
- In the Civilopedia, the Neighborhood District refers to both Mr. Rogers and Sesame Street as idealized neighborhoods.
- The We Are The Champions achievement is a tribute to the legendary Freddie Mercury of Queen.
- The Luftballons achievement is also a tribute to 99 Luftballons from Nena.
- The Man on the Moon achievement is a tribute to the REM song Man on the Moon
- The Dedication "Wish you Were Here" is a tribute to the Pink Floyd song of the same name.
- The achievement Army of Cthulhu is a refrence to R'lyeh being based off of nan madol
- The Surveyor governors final promotion "Parks and Recreation" is a reference to a sitcom of the same name.
General Easter Eggs / Tricks[edit | edit source]
- If you zoom in on water tiles and "shake" the camera, you can hear the sound of water splashing.
- You can input any of the icons in the game into your Religion, (See image below). (Thanks to Torgard)
- Inputting [ICON_ICONNAME] into the input field will force it to show up as the icon. You can find all of the icons in XML files at:
Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\Icons
- "For example, I named my religion "SNIB [ICON_RESOURCE_CRABS] SNAB", whose icon is in Icons_Resources.xml."