|Promotion Class||Religious Apostle|
|Building||Temple or Stave Church|
|May convert Citizens to their Religion and initiate theological combat with units of other religions.|
Overview[edit | edit source]
With their high Religious Strength and versatility, Apostles are the workhorse religious unit.
Apostles can perform the following actions:
- Initiate Theological Combat by attacking opposing religious units.
- Spread Religion, similar to Missionaries.
- Evangelize Belief, adding a new belief to a religion. (Expends the Apostle, requires 3 charges.)
- Start Inquisition, unlocking the ability to purchase Inquisitors with Faith. (Expends the Apostle, requires 3 charges.)
All Apostles start with a choice between two random Promotions. The Mont St. Michel wonder grants the Martyr promotion for free after the random Promotions are generated.
Promotions[edit | edit source]
|Chaplain||Apostle operates as a Medic, providing extra healing (20 per turn) to Units within 1 Tile.|
|Debater||+20 Religious Strength in Theological Combat.|
|Heathen Conversion||Can convert all adjacent Barbarians to your side by using a religious charge.|
|Indulgence Vendor||Gain 100 Gold if this unit converts a city to your Religion for the first time.|
|Martyr||Relic is created if this Apostle dies in Theological Combat.|
|Orator||Can spread Religion 2 extra times.|
|Pilgrim||Gain 3 extra spreads when moving adjacent to a natural wonder for the first time.|
|Proselytizer||Religious spread eliminates other Religions in the target city.|
|Translator||Religious spread is triple strength in cities of other civilizations.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- There appears at this time a possible bug where the game does not let Inquisitions to be started even if 2 charges remain.
- Evangelize Belief needs 3 charges but will consume all charges and remove the unit (possible a bug) if you have more from a promotion.